When Max was a baby and I was staying home with him I discovered this whole genre of children's music that is so funky and out of the box. Let's just say it's not your typical "itsy bitsy spider" stuff. Children's music these days is funny and creative and happy and I love it. Some Saturdays I will just throw on an itunes play list and Max and I will dance around the living room like Fraggles for a half an hour. Truly, it is good for the soul.
MY TOP 5 FAVORITE CHILDREN'S SONGS
5. Jump Up (It's a Good Day) by Brady Rymer. I dare you not to literally want to jump up and dance when you hear this song. Seriously, pull up itunes right now and try it. I dare you.
4. Pop Fly by Justin Roberts. This song makes me laugh thinking about what a terrible little right fielder I was once upon a time. I can't wait to see Max out there looking at the cotton candy clouds rather than looking for the ball.
3. I Like Yaks! by Roger Day. It's a song about yaks. What's not to love?
2. My Best Day by Trout Fishing in America. This is another one that just makes me happy. Wouldn't you just love to have your BEST day? When anything can happen? Oh and it's your birthday, too! Sweet.
1. The Song of Life by Scribblemonster. For all of you who like to throwback to your childhood, this song's for you. It's a reminiscence and a love song all at the same time. I love you and I love Life!