So excited to announce that one of my photos WON the Great Peep Off of 2011!!!
Seriously, I'm so pumped (and not only because I get a $75 Amazon gift card out of it)!
Check out all the awesome Peep Off entries HERE
And my Peep entries HERE
Thanks to the Peep Off judges for choosing my entry! I knew Peeps were good for something.
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
I suppose if you want to get technical, I am a grown up. I have a grown up job. I wear grown up clothes. I even drive a grown up (ahem...soccer mom) vehicle. BUT I DON'T WANNA GROW UP! Truly, most days I don't feel like a grown up, so I'm determined that no matter how grown up I get I'll never truly be a grown up. Why? Check out this week's list.
THE TOP 5 THINGS GROWN UPS DON'T GET TO DO
5. Believe in Santa Claus.
4. Watch cartoons.
3. Wish on stars.
2. Sing at the top of their lungs.
1. Dye Easter eggs.
Need I say more? And to prove my non-grown-up-ness, check out my Easter eggs!
Monday, April 25, 2011
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
I am totally DIGGING the color yellow right now. Like, you show me something yellow and I HAVE to have it. It started when we were in Oslo this summer and I picked up these CUTE yellow coat hooks (which don't look like coat hooks at all, but that's not the point). I had big plans for redoing our basement/my office using the yellow coat hooks for inspiration. That hasn't happened yet, but my yellow obsession continues. (By the way, I think the yellow trend generally started back with Michelle Obama's inaugural dress in 2009, and we're about to get going on a new presidential election cycle, so you would think it would have passed by now, but I'm still all over the yellow and I don't think I'm the only one). What does this have to do with Tuesday's Top 5 anyway? Well how about...
The Top 5 Reasons to Dig the Color Yellow
5. Yellow is happy. Sunshine, warmth, smiley faces, lemonade. Yellow is such a happy color.
4. Yellow is a primary color. That means, of course, that given at least one other primary color, you can combine the two to make something else. How clever of you, yellow.
3. Yellow goes with everything. Grey, brown, black, tan, green, red. Yellow is tip top on the versatile scale.
2. Yellow is seasonless. Bright crisp yellow for summer, full warm yellow for fall, gold for winter, muted soft yellow for spring. It's an all year kind of color.
1. Almost no one looks good in yellow. Okay, you would think this would be a reason NOT to dig yellow, but really it's a good thing. If you can find the exact one shade of yellow that looks perfect on you, it will be a total statement piece because NO ONE else will be able to pull it off. (By the way, I'm still looking).
Have you found your yellow?
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
(What?!?! Tuesday's Top 5 is back? Hooray! Hooray!)
Hippity Hoppity Easter's on its way! And you know what that means? The Great Peep Off of 2011 is underway! What is the Great Peep Off of 2011? Among other things, it is the successor to the Great Peep Off of 2010, but it is also a silly little (ahem...fierce) competition between fellow photographers and anyone else who wants to join in to come up with the best photo using that classic and totally nasty Easter candy called Peeps.
In honor of the Great Peep Off, and because Peeps are really really really gross and should never actually be eaten, I thought I'd suggest some alternative uses for Easter's most disgusting candy:
5. Target Practice. Seriously, you want to learn the art of dart blowing but don't want to shoot them at your husband, child, walls, or dog? Peeps would seem to be the perfect target. Squishy with that extra but of stickiness to keep the dart in place after it's come in for a landing.
4. Packaging Material. Sending an Easter basket to the grandkids? Consider throwing a ziploc bag full of Peeps in with the basket to act as a bit of cushion. Drawback: Grandkids may eat the Peeps and thence become "Peep people." Shudder.
3. Adhesive. I can personally attest to the fact that Peeps will stick to anything and everything once you get past that outer layer of sugar. What's that you say? Your corporate presentation is starting in 5 minutes and you've lost your trusty easel? Grab a few chicks and stick your charts straight to the wall. Probably best to leave a fiver on the conference table for the cleaning crew, though.
2. Payback. I'm not condoning this one. Just putting it out there in the interest of full and fair reporting. Given their 100 % sugar content, 1000 % sticky residue, and the 10,000,000 sugar crystals that fall off when you even look at a single Peep, Peeps just may be the perfect payback. So let's say your kid came home from little Suzy's house last time with a mud-stained shirt, lacking a clump of hair, and sporting a few new four-letter words. What can you do? How about sending little Suzy home with a secret baggie full of Peeps next time she comes over to play. Again, I'm not condoning this choice. I'm just saying.
1. Enter the Great Peep Off of 2011. You probably saw this one coming. But really, the Peep Off is open to all. So grab some Peeps and your camera (try not to handle Peeps and camera at the same time. See #3) and get creative. I promise you it's a much better use of your time (and calories) than eating them.
See more Peep entries and enter your today at the Great Peep Off of 2011