Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tuesday's (tardy) Top 5

(Better late than never right?)

So I have a confession to make. I might be edging, ever so slightly, toward the possibility of potentially becoming mildly obsessed with designing the most fabulous (but budget-friendly) nursery evah. I'm not going to say that I'm obsessed. Not yet. I'm only 15 weeks. If I were obsessed now, where would I go from here? But every great potential obsession needs a jumping off point, right?

Here are some of the AWESOME websites that are fueling my obsession (a less cynical person might say they are inspiring me).

MY TOP 5 NURSERY INSPIRATION SITES (as of today)

5. Honey & Fitz. This blog is written by a lady whose obsession with decorating is so far past mine they are not even on the same planet. Seriously, I love everything she does, but I'm not sure we could be friends. Still, the nursery she designed for her son Knox is totally 100% fabulousness.

4. Project Nursery. The name is pretty self-explanatory here. It's a website dedicated to nursery design. The highlight is the real nursery gallery where you can see the rooms others have designed for their own (real-life, not Martha-Stewart-grown) little ones.

3. Buy Modern Baby. This site reaches farther than just nurseries, but keeps its focus on only things "modern" for baby (think sleek, funky, possibly head-scratch inducing).

2. Oh Dee Doh. This site is actually the children's branch of a larger site called Apartment Therapy, so it's not surprising that Oh Dee Doh's focus is on "small living," i.e. living with kids in small spaces. They are currently running a contest for creative and stylish nurseries and kids rooms that measure 75 square feet or less. Can you imagine putting your baby to sleep in her walk-in-closet nursery or nook in your bedroom/living room combo? Move to New York (or Chicago) and you can!

1. Pinterest. I just discovered Pinterest but I am already so so SO hooked. I can't even explain it. I was trying to explain the site to my sister tonight and the best I could come up with is that it's a place to waste time looking at lots and lots of beautiful things. And you get to put them all into your own little collection to drool over any time you want! Gah! I already have a healthy little pinboard started for BSv2 (Baby Shores version 2)'s nursery inspiration. I'm sure it will continue to grow. If you want a pinterest invite, let me know and you can procrastinate with me, too!

And since no post is complete without a picture. Here's the very first thing I ordered for the nursery. It's a book end (have I mentioned the nursery is going to be book themed?) from CB2. It's yellow and funky and fab. And this is only the beginning!

No comments: