THE TOP 5 REASONS I HAVE THE BEST MOM
5. My mom is funny. When I was in high school this meant she was always making the other kids laugh while I cringed in the corner, and now she'd probably say I like to laugh at her as much as I laugh with her, but one way or another, my mom is always good for a smile.
4. My mom taught me good things. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Tell the truth. When God closes a door, He opens a window. Thin Mints are better frozen. You don't have to wear underwear with pantyhose, but a slip never hurts. Call your mother at least once a week. The Mary Tyler Moore Show and Rhoda are must see tv, even in nick at nite reruns. You know, all the important stuff.
3. My mom is selfless. She is a giver. I'm pretty sure that when I was a kid and teen this meant my mom often went without new clothes, nights out, a new car, free time, and countless other things, just to make sure my sister and I had what we needed. Thanks, Mom.
2. My mom is my biggest fan. There's a country song that says (yes, I love country music), "I'm the spitting image of my father, and when the day is done, my mama's still my biggest fan." I'm telling you, whoever wrote that lyric must have known me. Without any hesitation I can easily say that my mom is the captain of the Katie-is-Great cheerleading squad, far outstripping my husband, my father, my sister, my son, or even my cat. And not just because she consistently reads and comments on my blog. I think if they made Katie-foam-fingers, she'd buy the lot. (And yes, I am the spitting image of my father).
1. My mom is...my mom. She brought me into this world, and (as Cliff Huxtable would say), she can take me out. Doesn't get any better than that.
I LOVE YOU MOM! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU THIS WEEKEND!