Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Woodland Tea Party ~ Lake County Children's Photographer

One night last month I was sitting on the couch with the iPad, wasting time and avoiding things I probably should have been doing (don't judge, you do it too), when all of a sudden it came to me. I need to do a tea party session. The idea had been percolating back there in the dusty corners of my brain for a while, but suddenly someone flipped a switch and I just had to do a tea party session or else. (Note: all the italics are meant to emphasize the seriousness of this subject. No really. It is quite serious being inside my head. You get that, right?) Anyhow...


Problem: I have a three-year old little boy who loves dinosaurs and baseball. Not tea parties.



Solution: I have a ton of awesome clients and facebook fans who have adorable tea-party-rific little girls!



So, I put out a model call and month or so later I end up with five precious three-year olds dressed in their tea party finest. BLISS!!!! The whole thing was such a blast to put together. It felt a little bit like planning a wedding again, on a much smaller scale, of course. And I've come to the conclusion that I need to do something like this once a year or so just to exercise my creative brain and feed my need for a project. Maybe next time I'll do something for the boys. Super hero session, anyone?



Anyhow, I'll delay the picture reveal just a bit longer to say THANK YOU to the little girls and their families who came out to play with me at my tea party, and an even bigger THANK YOU to my totally awesome, incredible, outrageously understanding, and indulgent husband. See that cabinet the food is on? Yeah, he hauled that across a not insignificant-sized field for me. That and a bunch of other stuff. Am I lucky or what?



Okay, now really.....presenting the KSP Woodland Tea Party:














3 comments:

Your mom said...

Katie, you are awesome! What an adorable photo shoot! Of course it helped that the girls are adorable too! But really, you did a wonderful job!

Anonymous said...

Amazing and beyond adorable!

Seester said...

Yay, it is SO cute!! Hey I have an new idea we should open an event planning/photography business when you move back to FLORIDA. Why have we never thought of this before???