Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tuesday's Top 5

Welcome to a new segment here on the ole' blog. Something to spice up that ever-bland day, Tuesday. Now, sure, the whole "top whatever list" thing has been done (oh David Letterman, you trend-setter you), but I occassionally make these lists in my mind, so I might as well share them with you, my (three or four) faithful readers.

So, without further ado, here is today's Top Five.

THE TOP FIVE THINGS I HEARD IN THE CAR THIS MORNING

Riveting topic, ay? Okay, a little more ado. Something about this list that you have to understand is that I am rarely in the car for more than like 2 minutes in the morning. I ride ye ole' public transportation to work, so being in the car for an appreciable amount of time is a thing of the past for me. As a result, my knowledge of popular music and culture has severely suffered. Whenever I take a trip to Florida, in fact, my sister kidnaps me, ties me up, forces me into the trunk of her car, and blasts the latest songs out of the speakers so that I don't embarass her as a sister. Okay, not so much the tying and the trunk stuff, but the rest is true. So just keep that in mind. I can't be expected to know all the latest Gagas and K'eshas and all that nonsense. I take the train. But today, I drove. So here's the list. Really.

THE TOP FIVE THINGS I HEARD IN THE CAR THIS MORNING
5. Vogue. Okay, not exactly the most modern stuff, but come on. It's Madonna. She was gaga before Gaga was gaga. Plus, even when you're driving and it's tricky to do all the face-framing hand stuff, you can still do a good bit of head dancing.

4. That soul sister song. No, not Lady Marmellade. You know, that one that goes "Hey soul sister, something something something." This one makes the top five list because it reminds me of my husband (who has TOTALLY stopped reading this by now). He really likes this song and makes fun of me for not knowing the words, so he gets it on the list.

3. The story about the Lynyrd Skynyrd guy dying. I mean, I'm not happy he died or anything. I just didn't know that there was a real Lynyrd Skynyrd who inspired the name of the band. And apparently, he wasn't a fan of the band. But come on, Lynyrd! It's Skynyrd! Who doesn't like Skynyrd, Lynyrd? Probably, they're not going to be playing Free Bird at the memorial. Too bad.

2. The melt your popsicle song. Alright. I'm sure everyone else in America knows the actual name of this song and is probably long tired of it. But me, I just like the popsicle part. I mean, if you can incorporate the line "so hot, we'll melt your popsicle" into a song, you get my vote.

And finally, the number one thing I heard in the car this morning....

1. "Mom, I wanna listen to the popsicle song again." Love it. Happy Tuesday!

And since no post is complete without a picture, here are three other things that make a different top five list of mine:

No comments: