THE TOP FIVE BLOGS I AM DIGGING RIGHT NOW
So, like most of my contemporaries, I enjoy technology. I'm not a super-techno geek, but I spend my fair share of time checking e-mail and facebooking and all that good stuff. I also like to spend a little time in the blogsphere now and again, and I thought I'd compile a list of some of my favorites.
A quick disclaimer, though: This is not a "best of" blog list or anything. I don't claim to be an expert on any of these blog topics. I just think these are fun. Also, I'm not including (with one partial exception) any photography blogs. I figure, if you're not a photographer, you don't want to be looking at a bunch of photography blogs, and if you are a photographer, you probably have your own list of photo blogs.
So, wouldn't you like to know what blogs I'm digging? Of course you would.
5. Conquering the Century Club. This is a blog all about travel, and it makes the list, not only because it is a fun read with lots of interesting information, but also because one of the authors (theoverworkedamerican) is a friend of mine. The blog is witty and fun and there is a quest involved. I love a good quest!
4. Simply Hue. This is the partial exception to the no photography blog rule because, technically, the author is a photographer. But this blog is way more than a photography blog. It is BEAUTIFUL. Seriously, I go to this blog whenever I need a fix of pretty stuff. And you can buy the pretty stuff at the author's etsy site, too. Cool!
3. Bakerella. Now, I am not a foodie, but I like food, and you don't have to be a foodie to enjoy Bakerella because the blog itself is so scrumptious to look at. You can almost taste the food without having to make it yourself. Check out that recipe for Apple Cake on the front page. It is looking like a pretty decent use for all these apples I've got laying around now. Hmmm...
2. The Bright Side Project. This is a blog dedicated to giving away free stuff. And who doesn't like free stuff? But wait. There's more! We're not just talking about free samples of dog food and laundry detergent. I mean, they give away really COOL free stuff. Like handmade jewelry and personalized stationary and art. I love this site! To be eligible for the free stuff all you have to do is answer some thought provoking question like "What era inspires your fashion style" or "Who would you like to photograph and why?" Honestly, this blog would probably make the number one spot except they've had some technical difficulties lately and haven't announced any winners for awhile. Still, it's worth putting yourself in the running for some cool free stuff once they get things back up and going, so clicky clicky and check it out.
1. Mila's Daydreams. I just discovered this one the other day, and it gets the number one spot out of sheer cuteness and creativity. Somewhere over in Finland there is a mom with a sleepy baby and a lot of imagination. It is too cute for words. Just check it out.
So that's it. The top 5 blogs I'm digging right now. And speaking of blogs, this blog powered by: