Sunday, October 3, 2010

The First Family of Fall ~ Chicago Family Photographer

Sofia, Gavin and their mom and dad get the prestigious and official title "First Family of Fall." Why? Because they were my first family session of the fall, of course! I met up with these cuties in Highland Park on a very blustery fall day. They handled the cold and wind like champs, however, and even managed to be really, really cute at the same time. What a feat!

I had a hard time narrowing down a preview from this session because I loved all of these so much. They really embody what I'm striving to capture in any family session: real, natural family fun.

After spending some time amongst the changing leaves, we finished up over in Highwood, where we sampled a little of the local flavor. (And by local flavor, I mean cupcakes from The Bent Fork bakery. Yum!) Thanks, guys, for withstanding the hurricane and allowing me to capture your beautiful faces! You are troopers!














3 comments:

Mom said...

Oh wow! Gorgeous!!

Paula said...

Katie - these are awesome!!! I really appreciate you putting up with us- your ideas were so great, I can't stop looking at these. You have managed to capture so much personality from all of us especially my two cuties. You are fantastic!

Anonymous said...

OMGosh...absolutely amazing photos! Sofia is taking after her beautiful and stylish mom and Gavin is soooo photogenic. What a handsome family and unique photos. Loved looking at them. Carol and Jim Treslo