THE TOP FIVE BEST LITTLE DEBBIE SNACK CAKES
(What did you think it was going to be?)
5. Fudge Rounds. A chocolate lover's dream. Soft chocolatey cookie on the outside, creamy chocolatey goodness on the inside, with those perfect little fudgey stripes to finish things off. These were a lunch box favorite of my childhood. (My husband claims to have never heard of these. I'm not sure what his problem is, except apparently he married a Swiss Cake Roll in another life.)
4. Nutty Bars. The best thing about nutty bars (aside from the perfect combination of chocolate and peanut butter with a bit of crunch) is that they're so versatile when it comes to eating them. Eat them tradish style by just crunching in. Peel apart the layers and scrape off the peanut butter then reassemble. Slice 'em up into bite-sized bits. The possibilities are endless.
3. Zebra Cakes. I love zebra cakes for a multitude of reasons, not the least of which is that you get two in a pack. What? That squishy, cream-filled cake covered in sugary icing with just the right amount of firmness was so good you ate it already? No worries. There's another one in the pack!!!! I also love the Christmas tree variety, except that you only get one of these in a pack. But the trees have sprinkles. Mmmmm, sprinkles.
2. Star Crunch. Okay. Star Crunch. So, so good. Crispy. Caramel-y. Chocolatey. I think one of the added benefits of the Star Crunch is that the caramel takes a little bit longer to chew than your average snack cake, so you get to enjoy the Star Crunch on average about 1 minute longer than other Little Debbies. Oh yeah, and they taste seriously, seriously good.
1. Oatmeal Creme Pies. Was there ever really any question that this would be number one? I think not. (Although, apparently, this should have been on the marriage questionnaire for the hubs. Swiss Cake Rolls? Please.) Soft chewy oatmeal cookies, filled with sweet creamy yumminess. Plus the added bonus of the "peel-apart" option for varied eating. And they leave that nice greasy feeling on your fingers that lets you know you just enjoyed something sinfully delicious. Oh yeah, the OCP is clearly the king of all Little Debbies. Hands down. I dare you to disagree.
So there you go. The top 5 Little Debbie snack cakes. Hungry yet? Probably should have put a "don't read if on a diet" disclaimer on this post. Oh well. Happy Tuesday!
p.s. I would tell you that no OCPs were harmed in the making of this photograph, but that would be a big, big lie. And if you lie, the calories go right to your hips.